Friday, October 5, 2007

Finger Lickin Good

So last night I caved and let the Little Monster get into bed with us. Usually I'm pretty strict about sleeping arrangements, but I was feeling generous, and allowed her to climb up into what she called "the meadle". Which is really just in between me and the husband.

She laid there still for about 45 seconds and then the pestering began.

"Mommy - ares you seep?"

YES - Be Quiet!

"Mommmmmmy - was tis tat noise?"

Daddy snoring - Go to sleep.

"Mommy smell my vinger."

Okay, this didn't really alarm me at first. My first instinct told me she probably meant "pull my finger" as her best pal Grandpa just loves to play that game. Gross. So, in order to find peace and finally achieve REM I reached over and pulled her finger. But, nothing. Then,

"No Mommy, SMELL my vinger".

This got my attention. So, there I was trying to decide if I was going to smell her finger. I mean, what is the worse thing it could be? She is potty trained, (THANK GOD), but still - I wasn't ready to smell a big wad of my worst nightmare - POOP - or something on her finger.

"Mommy smell it - smell it mommy. It smells good. Smell my VEEEEEEENGER!"

Geez - when was this going to end. I knew what I had to do - "Honey - wake up. Smell her finger". No response. Shit. On to plan B.

Okay okay okay. I'll smell your finger.

So, I grabbed her hand so I could keep it at a safe distance. I did not want a finger full of crap shoved up my nose. Slowly I brought it to my face in the dark....

Nothing, I smelled nothing but the usual odor of my Little Monster's flesh.

"My Venger smells pwetty Mommy".

MmmmHhhhh. Now go to sleep.

And we did.

No comments: