Thursday, October 4, 2007

My Little Monster turns 3!


My kids are all growing too fast. Maybe it's because the two little ones have just had birthdays, or then again, maybe it's because I'm getting older with them. Whatever it is, I really miss having them around as babies.


I remember when the Little Monster was born. She tried to come early twice, the first time she was successful stopped. The second time, however, she came out with a bang! I should have known any girl of mine would be born into drama.


Evidently she swallowed amniotic fluid during delivery and spent her first 12 hours in NICU. I was nervous, but felt confident she was in good hands. And she was, she came out just fine.


I was so excited to have my girl. I love my boys, but I was craving pink. I needed a girl to balance my home, to share my love for everything girly, a girl to complete me. And I got her!


For three days I stayed in the Hospital recuperating from my c-section, and for three days it was just my girl and me.


Now, three years later, I am so pleased she looks so much like me. It's like having the best part of me walking around making me laugh all the time. Too much of her brother's have rubbed off on her - she's still girly, but she now gets boy humor (fart noises, etc).


I'm just glad she likes pink.

No comments: